Dubai Frame has been named as one the world’s most surreal new attractions, according to the Guardian Newspaper.
Located in the heart of Dubai, already home to the tallest skyscraper, the world’s biggest shopping centre, and the longest driverless transport system. those visiting Dubai can now experience the outstanding skyline through a giant, rectangular picture frame, not unlike our hand made picture frames.
The gold picture frame is located at the world renowned Zabeel Park and was carefully chosen to give visitors the best view of both old and new Dubai, standing at an incredible 150m high and 93m wide.
THE DUBAI FRAME – FACT SHEET
- The frame measures 150 metres high and 93 metres wide.
- The two towers are connected by a 100-square-metre bridge, which has a 25-square-metre glass panel in the middle offering a great 360 degree view.
- It was designed by award-winning architect Fernando Donis, who also designed Dubai’s Porsche Design Towers, and the Dubai Renaissance Tower.
- Exterior design of Dubai Frame was inspired from the logo of Expo 2020.
- There is a museum on the ground floor that will showcase Dubai’s transformation from fishing village to metropolis.
- It is predicted the frame will become a major tourist destination in the city, like the Burj Khalifa and the Burj Al Arab.
- The project is worth Dhs160 million.